The Exterior Preparation Process
At Next Door Painting, we follow a step-by-step process for every exterior project in order to ensure that surfaces are properly prepared before the start of any painting job as well as to protect any of your valuables and areas of your home that are not being painted.
The Exterior Painting Process:
It all starts with the surface preparation. If the surface is not properly prepared, it will have a direct effect on the longevity of the paint application. At Next Door Painting, we take great pride in ensuring that the exterior of your home is properly prepared before there is any application of products. Here is a breakdown of how your surface area will be prepared and how the paint will be applied to your exterior.
1.Thoroughly power wash entire exterior surface
2. Seal all cracks in exterior stucco and wood
3. Repair any damaged masonry areas (Retexturing chipped comers, etc.
4. Thoroughly scrape loose and peeling paint from the exterior (Anything the power wash missed)
5. Cover all landscaping, bushes, windows and other non-painted areas
6. Prime any areas of bare wood
7. Spray the exterior house body (Usually stucco)
8. Brush the home’s trim (Facia boards, doors, door frames, etc.)
9. Roll the home’s trim (Facia boards, doors, door frames, etc.)
10. We will remove and replace any rotten wood
Contact us today for a free estimate: